Que. 1. What do I mean by ACCREDITED UNIVERSITIES IN America, Canada, United Kingdom and Germany?
Answer: The University must be accredited in its country. The accrediting body for each country is listed below:
- USA: Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Canada: Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board of the Canadian Council of Professional Engineers.
- UK: Engineering Council United Kingdom (ECUK)
- Germany: ASIIN For more information please visit http://www.accreditation.org
Que. 2. What is the deadline for the online application?
Answer: The deadline will be days after publication of the advertisement in the newspapers. For the current application process the deadline is 10 April 2017. The deadline of submission of hard copy is 13 April 2017.
Que. 3. What is the eligibility to apply for this scholarship?
Answer: The student should be Graduate from Engineering Faculty / Studying in the last year (B.E. / B. Tech) (Any Branch) from any of the ACCREDITED Colleges listed below from PMC and PCMC jurisdiction.
- List of colleges along with the respective Departments
Que. 4. What is the process of application for D. K. Bhave Scholarship?
Answer: Please follow the steps mentioned on the link below: www.unipune.ac.in/dkbhave
Que. 5. What is the Application Process fee for D. K. Bhave Scholarship?
Answer: There is no application fee as such; but the printed copy of online application form along with required document should reach to the address mentioned on the website of DKBhave scholarship.
Que. 6. If a candidate is already enrolled in either of the university from USA/Canada/UK/Germany and studying there since last year, Is he/she eligible for the availing the D. K. Bhave Scholarship
Answer: No. He / She is not eligible to get the Scholarship. Even if such a student applies through the online process then his/her candidature stands cancelled.
Que. 7. Can I get contact information to get more information about the process?
Answer: The candidate is supposed to get information from the website only. If some clarification is required then then the candidate is supposed to email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Que. 8. What are the conditions the candidate (beneficiary student) who is awarded the scholarship should follow?
Answer: Read the following Instructions
- The beneficiary student of this scholarship will have to maintain the academic record/performance (Grade B OR HIGHER) and it is essential for the student to submit the academic progress report to the Savitribai Phule Pune University along with the transcript.
- The beneficiary student, going abroad under this Scholarship will have to return to India after completion of his/her s degree of two years or he/she will have to return the scholarship amount to Savitribai Phule Pune University. There is no interest on this loan.
- The beneficiary student, returning to India after completion of his/her s degree of two years and working in the same field for five years in India, will not have to make repayment of the scholarship amount to Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- The Selection Committee of Savitribai Phule Pune University will take the decision regarding return of scholarship.
- The student has to give the undertaking to Savitribai Phule Pune University regarding his returning back to India after completion of s degree of two years.
- The beneficiary student of this scholarship will have to submit the related papers (certificate from the Company in India, Nature of work, Tenure of the Service, Passport etc.) regarding return of scholarship, if required, in the format given.
Que. 9. How much funding can I get from the Scholarship?
Answer: Ideally the student should have secured some funding from family, loans or other financial assistance from Indian or foreign sources. This scholarship will provide the supplemental amount and will not be the sole source of funding for any student. This scholarship will provide a maximum amount equal to 50% of the total cost of one year for a Master’s degree program in Engineering. The total cost per year is defined as cost of tuition, books, room, food and incidental expenses as estimated by the admitting university and reduced by any financial assistance provided by the admitting University. For example, if the total cost per year is $28,000 and the admitting University provides $10,000 as tuition assistance, then the maximum amount provided by this scholarship is $9000, i.e. 50% of (28,000 – 10,000). Generally the scholarship amount will be between 5 to 6 Lacs Rupees.
Que. 10. What will be covered by the released/sanctioned amount of the scholarship?
Answer: The scholarship does not pay expenses for travel, visa fees, GRE and other examination fees, application fees etc. The funds are sent directly to the foreign university for the benefit of the selected candidate. They are used for Tution, books, room, food and incidental expenses estimated by the foreign university where the student got the admission.
Que. 11. I got direct admission to Ph.D. Program, am I eligible to get the scholarship?
Answer: No. Students getting “direct” admission for the Ph. D. program (i.e. without the possibility of getting the Master’s Degree first and be able to leave the University) are not eligible.